Cloth diapering IS possible while travelling

|
-
We just returned from a 4 day, 3 night trip with our two little ones, one of which is in diapers. I was debating as to whether or not I should buy disposables or use my cloth diapers while we were away. One of the places we stayed at had laundry facilities so I decided that I would give it a try.

Surprisingly it really wasn't that bad! My stash currently allows me three days between washings. I did one load of laundry which cost me a total of $2.00 (including dryer time). Much better considering the $15.00 I would have had to pay for a package of diapers!

The only issue that might be a problem for some is the amount of diapers you have to pack. I had to bring my entire stash. This wasn't a problem for us as we weren't flying and have a lot of trunk space however I can see it being problematic for some with limited space or baggage restrictions.

For short trips I will stick to my regular diaper regimme however for flights or longer trips I think I'll probably go with the Seventh Generation Disposables.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go - saved money and travelled with a lighter footprint! Makes me think of my days as a backpacker with the mantra of "take out what you take in". True about having more luggage but it gives you a vivid visual about the waste impact that you are not contributing to! :)

Post a Comment