Review: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar Cookbook

|

So after Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero published the most fabulous cupcake cookbook, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World (and didn't they ever), I found myself wishing they would release a sequel. May I introduce, Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.

Chock full of 100 of the best cookie recipes I've come across, this cookbook is fantastic! Although there is an entire chapter dedicated to "Wholesome Cookies" (the Applesauce Softies were devoured by my 3-year-old), many of the recipes are not for the calorie counting. Cookies such as Hazelnut Fudge Dreamies, Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti, Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows and Caramel Pecan Bars are rich and oh so dreamy.

There are also clones of your favorites such as Old-Fashioned Pie-Plate Shortbread, Linzertorte Thumbrint Cookies, Minonos, Lemon Bars and Blondies (with four variations).

I was hoping to take some pictures of the different cookies and bars I made over the holidays but unfortunately by the time I got around to it, they disappeared into thin air ;-).

The great thing about these recipes is the overall flavor and texture are not affected with the omitted eggs and dairy thus making them perfect for serving to omnivores. You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this book!

Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar can by found online at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and Chapters Indigo or at most bookstores.

Thanks to Da Capo Press for providing us this book for review!

0 comments:

Post a Comment