Grandma yoga master at 83 years of age

|


What a remarkable woman!

Bette Calman was a pioneer of yoga in Australia during the 50s, ran yoga centres for 33 years and made regular TV appearances in the 70s.
8 years ago, she moved to Melbourne to retire, however at the time her daughter Susie, who is also a Yoga instructor, was looking for fill-in teachers at her yoga studio. Her mother began working as a fill in and now at the ripe age of 83, teaches up to 11 classes a week!

With 40 years of teaching under her belt, the Williamstown wonder is living proof that a lifetime's dedication to the healthy pursuit can keep you nimble, the Herald Sun reports.

While others her age complain about aches and pains, Mrs Calman focuses on getting tough maneuvers right.

Mrs Calman is a master of many difficult yoga poses such as the "peacock" where the body is held in a horizontal position by the strength of the arms alone.


She can also perform poses such as the lotus, bridge and handstand with ease.


Her flexibility puts many of her grandchildren to shame.

"I'm proof that if you keep at it, you'll get there. I can do more now than I could 50 years ago," Mrs Calman told the Herald Sun.

'Yoga keeps you young,' she said.

'Never have I gone to a yoga class and wished I was somewhere else, because I know I'm going to come out feeling on the top of the world. There will always be yoga.'

You can click here to watch this video of this amazing woman.

(Photo Source: Chinanews.com.cn)

3 comments:

Ujan sharma said...

Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post.

brahmacharyasana

Bibek Roy said...

I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work.Thank you so much for ding the impressive job here, everyone will surely like your post.

Balayam Yoga

Bibek Roy said...

I was taking a gander at some of your posts on this site and I consider this site is truly informational! Keep setting up..

Utkata Konasana

Post a Comment